Skip to main content

Coo-ya the chicken



So my second pattern is again for a colleague. She calls everyone "chick" or "chicken" - so she gets a chicken!

I've made it as a tetrahedron, which is relatively easy to crochet! Here are some of the "in progress" pictures: you can click them to see them in more detail.






And here's the link to a PDF: Coo-ya crochet pattern. At the moment I've on;y done this pattern with UK terminology - but do let me know if you'd like it converted to US. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

I'm Amanda, and welcome to my brand new blog! I like crocheting. In my imagination I crochet clothes and useful things. But often I end up messing them up, or getting bored before sewing them together. I'm not bad at crocheting small toys, especially if they're from the free kits that come with crocheting magazines! I'm going to try to get better and crochet lots of different things with different techniques. As I'm writing this I have a few different projects on the go: Filet crochet pansies Lego brick tissue cover  Broomstick lace wrap I've just finished a "desk dinosuar" too. He's the second of a set of three. And this is the second time I've done a set! Here's the original set I did from a kit. Now I'm using left over yarn to do the second set.  So hopefully this will be a fun blog, and hopefully it will encourage me to challenge myself a bit :)

Start at the top

I had a small bit of the lovely Cherry picking fabric left from the blouse I made. I was hoping to make a simple top, something a bit less complicated than buttons and zips. And obviously without using too much fabric! I found the  Start at the top pattern, which looked like it would work. There are some issues with the pattern though. Part of the sleeve does not line up with the rest of the sleeve (and I'm sure it's not me, since the guiding lines are spot on) and the notch marks are misplaced on this piece. I made a guess at how they should be placed... From there cutting was easy enough. But once I came to start pinning the pieces together I discovered a second problem with the pattern. The instructions mentioned sewing the sides together until reaching the dot. I couldn't fathom what was meant by dot. Turns out reading through the entire pattern revealed that there's supposed to be a small slit at each side. So I eyeballed a decent length for this, I think 10cm wor